สงครามยาเสพติดของฟิลิปปินส์: UN โหวตให้ทำการสอบสวนการประหารชีวิต

ญาติแสดงภาพผู้ที่ตกเป็นเหยื่อของการรณรงค์ต่อต้านยาเสพติดในระหว่างการแสดงในกรุงมะนิลาในเดือนนี้ (Ezra Acayan/Getty Images)

คณะมนตรีสิทธิมนุษยชนแห่งสหประชาชาติได้ลงมติให้จัดตั้งการสอบสวนคดีอาชญากรรมที่ถูกกล่าวหาว่ากระทำในระหว่างสงครามยาเสพติดของรัฐบาลฟิลิปปินส์

การลงมติซึ่งผ่านมาโดยมีขอบเขตแคบๆ นั้นได้มีการจัดทำรายงานที่เป็นลายลักษณ์อักษรอย่างครอบคลุมเกี่ยวกับสถานการณ์ด้านสิทธิมนุษยชนในประเทศ

นี่จะเป็นการมุ่งเน้นไปที่รายงานการวิสามัญฆาตกรรมการจับกุมตามอำเภอใจ และการบังคับให้หายตัวไป

ฟิลิปปินส์คัดค้านมติดังกล่าวอย่างมากและระบุว่าเป็น “การล้อเลียน”

ประธานาธิบดี Rodrigo Duterte เปิดตัวแคมเปญต่อต้านยาเสพติดในปี 2016 เพื่อจัดการกับปัญหายาเสพติด

ตั้งแต่นั้นมาตัวแทนจำหน่ายหรือผู้ใช้อย่างน้อย 6,600 คนถูกสังหารตามรายงานของตำรวจ แต่นักเคลื่อนไหวกล่าวว่ามีผู้เสียชีวิตกว่า 27,000 คน

เมื่อสัปดาห์ที่แล้วเด็กหญิงวัยสามขวบได้กลายเป็นหนึ่งในเหยื่อรายเล็กที่สุดของการปราบปรามหลังจากที่เธอถูกยิงเสียชีวิตจากการโจมตีของยาเสพติด ตำรวจบอกว่าพ่อของเธอถูกใช้เป็นโล่มนุษย์ แต่ครอบครัวก็มีข้อโต้แย้งเช่นนี้

นาย Duterte และแคมเปญต่อต้านยาเสพติดของเขาได้รับการสนับสนุนอย่างกว้างขวางจากชาวฟิลิปปินส์ แบบสำรวจความคิดเห็นเมื่อต้นปีให้คะแนนการอนุมัติ 79%

การลงมติครั้งล่าสุดขององค์การสหประชาชาติเป็นการสนับสนุน 18 รัฐในสภาสมาชิก 47 ประเทศ ขณะที่ 14 ประเทศคัดค้าน และ 15 ประเทศที่งดออกเสียง

“เราได้นำเสนอข้อความที่สมดุลโดยมีการร้องขออย่างเรียบง่าย – เพียงแค่ขอให้ข้าหลวงใหญ่จัดทำรายงานการอภิปรายภายในเดือนมิถุนายนปีหน้า” เอกอัครราชทูตไอซ์แลนด์ซึ่งเป็นผู้สนับสนุนมติดังกล่าวกล่าวเมื่อวันพฤหัสบดี

 

Philippines drugs war: UN votes to investigate killings

Relatives showed pictures of victims of the anti drug campaign during a theater performance in Manila this month. (Ezra Acayan/Getty Images)

The UN Human Rights Council has voted to set up an investigation into alleged crimes committed during the Philippine government’s war on drugs.

The resolution, which passed by a narrow margin, mandates a comprehensive written report into the human rights situation in the country.

It will focus on reports of extrajudicial killings, arbitrary arrests and enforced disappearances.

The Philippines strongly opposed the resolution and branded it a “travesty”.

President Rodrigo Duterte launched the anti-narcotics campaign in 2016, to deal with a rampant drug problem.

Since then at least 6,600 dealers or users have been killed, according to police, but activists say more than 27,000 people have died.

Last week, a three-year-old girl became one of the crackdown’s youngest victims after she was shot dead in a drugs raid. Police said she had been used as a human shield by her father, but the family disputes this.

Mr Duterte and his anti-narcotics campaign enjoy wide support from Filipinos. An opinion poll earlier this year gave him a 79% approval rating.

The latest UN resolution secured the backing of 18 states in the 47-member council, while 14 nations opposed it and 15 countries abstained.

“We have put forward a balanced text with a very modest ask – simply requesting the High Commissioner to prepare a report for discussion by June next year,” the ambassador for Iceland, which sponsored the resolution, said on Thursday.

Source: BBC News